According to the latest statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a motor vehicle is stolen every 41 seconds in the United States. With a lot full of vehicles, that statistic can’t be very comforting. Vehicles are valuable, pretty easy to sell and they have a built-in getaway system. Traditional car alarms have been around for decades with some effectiveness but it’s just not good enough. We’ve learned that 63% of vehicles have alarms and 41% of stolen vehicles have alarms which means car alarms are 35% effective in deterring theft. Here are some other interesting statistics….
Mechanical Steering Wheel Locks -7% effective
Window Security Etching – 14% effective
Central Locking Vehicles – 32% effective
GPS Tracking Devices – 77% effective
By far, vehicle tracking devices are the most effective, because we all know audible systems are really just a noisemaker. It might deter a thief but if they do steal the vehicle there is NO WAY to track the vehicle. This is why GPS Tracking Devices are so effective.
The 911SafeTrack S4 GPS Tracking Device
* Gives you/your customers the location of your vehicle allowing you to recover it.
* Saves customers money because it can lower their car insurance.
* When you/your customers are talking to 911 on the 3-way call from the S4, the 911-Operator will see your vehicle location using their normal E-911 screen. If the 911-Operator presses 3, the S4 will voice the real-time speed, heading, and pinpoint GPS location.
* The S4 includes a vehicle starter disable/enable relay that you/your customer can control by sending a secure text message to prevent the thief from re-starting your car.
* The 911SafeTrack has a back-up battery so if the thief disconnects the vehicle battery you/your customer are still protected.
Your lot is filled with valuable cars. Why not protect them in the best possible way? To learn more about the S4 and how we are making a difference head to our website here.