Spring is here, which means more bikes are out on the road enjoying the beautiful weather. One of the things motorcyclists unfortunately have to worry about is having their bikes stolen. In 2016, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, 46,467 motorcycles were reported stolen. The crime tends to peak in the warmer months, especially June through September, with August being the highest.
A high-tech security system will not only protect the bikes on your lot, but will also be a great selling point for customers interested in purchasing a motorcycle. While a chain AND a disc lock, a U-lock and/ or alarm may deter some thieves, they definitely don’t deter all. Installing a device such as the S4 Vehicle Security System allows the owner to be in charge.
With the S4 being installed, there is a 90% chance of the bike being recovered within a 24 hour period which limits the amount of damage that could occur during the time the motorcycle is gone.
The S4 can also be used on cars as well. Here are some of the biggest benefits of Installing the S4:
* Gives the location of the vehicle, allowing the owner to recover it.
* Saves money because it can lower car insurance.
* If the vehicle is parked with the S4 in Master mode, the owner will receive notification as soon as the vehicle is moved. This is perfect for when parking at the airport, auto body shop or valet.
* When the customer is talking to 911 on the 3-way call from the S4, the 911-Operator will see the vehicle location using their normal E-911 screen. If the 911-Operator presses 3, the S4 will voice the real-time speed, heading, and pinpoint GPS location.
* The S4 includes a vehicle starter disable/enable relay that the owner can control by sending a secure text message to prevent the thief from re-starting the vehicle.
* The 911Safetrack has a back-up battery so if the thief disconnects the vehicle battery the customer is still protected.
Tracking devices are highly-effective in protecting against theft and hijacking, and for assisting in the recovery of your stolen vehicle and or motorcycles. To learn more about the S4 and how we are making a difference head to our website.
Here are some additional ways your customer can protect their bikes:
Out of Sight Out of Mind – The bike is safer if it remains unseen. The best way to do this is by parking the bike inside a garage, or in a guarded parking lot. If no private parking is nearby they can try covering their bike.
Steering lock – Motorcycles have had steering lock systems for awhile now. All they need to do is remember to lock their steering – a great first-step defense against bike theft.
Lock It – For those getaway thieves or those looking for a joy ride they will not want to take the time or effort in taking off a locking device.
Hide Keys & Title – If the bike is stored in a garage, they shouldn’t leave the keys there. Once inside the garage, the thieves already have plenty of tools to carry out their plan so it’s no use helping them. The same goes for the papers: if they’ve got the papers, they’ll be able to effortlessly make it past policemen before the bike is reported stolen.